Steps for a Successful Ga-68 PSMA Illuccix PET/CT Scan
- No dietary restrictions prior to scan.
- Drink water the morning of the exam: (2) 16 oz glasses of water 2 hours prior to the exam. Stay hydrated.
- No vigorous exercise 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Wear comfortable clothes, with no buckles or metal. It is also best to leave any jewelry at home. Times can vary depending on the type of scan. It is best to plan to spend about 2 hours with us.
- If you are claustrophobic, please consult with your physician and you must contact PET/CT staff for the safest possible preparation method. PET Fusion Imaging does not dispense or stock any medications. If you take or anticipate needing any medication, please bring the medication with you.
- No barium 72 hours prior to PET/CT exam.
- Due to radioactivity used during the exam, we discourage visitors younger than 10 years old.
- It is best to consult with the PET/CT staff prior to your exam to go over any specific preparation needs.
Failure to follow the preparation guidelines could affect the results of the scan and provide your physician with inaccurate information.
Important Note: This exam requires a special time sensitive medication ordered specifically for you. Arrive on time as the medication may not be useable if you are late.
If you cannot keep your appointment, please notify the PET Fusion Imaging office staff at 260.469.4738 before 5:00 pm the day prior to your scheduled appointment time.